Tuesday, October 22, 2013

pushy deaf kid s mom


"Pushy" Deaf Kid's Mom


I didnt really comprehend, until later, the significance of the second part of Mothers answer. But yeah, I knew that she did love me. Even though I often resented the seating restriction, I was ever to be found occupying a front desk.


pushy,deaf kid's,mom,birth defects,Pushy Mothers intervention,not distracted,classroom conversations,hearing loss,both ears,learning impairment,hearing aids,born deaf,hearing,front desk,retarded


There are some things that we as persons, born on this planet, have no control over. Our own birth defects are included in that scenario. While there are those who believe that we ourselves choose what obstacles we must face and overcome in this life, prior to our earthly birth, I am not one who buys that. I did not choose to be born deaf.

Be that what it may, I was entered this world with a 70% hearing loss in both ears. It didnt take my Mother long to recognize my hearing deficiency. She had been born a hearing impaired person too. My Mother determined that her child would not hide his deficiency, as she had been allowed to do.

Mom, as a child, had many siblings. Most of her sisters were older than she so hers were hand-me-down clothes. Poor, nearly deaf, she had taken a back seat in classrooms in an effort to not call attention to herself and her perceived inadequacies. Always, when called upon by a teacher, Mother would say, I don

 



Recommended For You



No comments:

Post a Comment